Anyone find this particularly 'novel' ?

Reaction score
1573251007142.png

Reaction score
Well that was funny. I can't get in there to edit it and put my comments before the image clip. I should have commented first and then put the image in. My first time. I didn't know.

I like that little bit, the A to the D# at bar 24. I like that whole phrase from bar 16. It seems to me to have kind of halting nature to it, like he's (or she's) meditating on what they're feeling and the thoughts coming like that: haltingly... and the last bit, the 'and dew' strikes me as being classic.

I just wonder if I'm completely alone in this or do any other share those kinds of feelings ?

and if this is a misuse of the forum then just let me know and I'll back off, not post any more such.

:)

Reaction score
You are not alone.

It works, and works so well.

Famously performed by Shirley Jones in what to me is a musical that quietly inspired a generation of songwriters, The Music Man.

One of the very few songs by The Beatles that was not actually written by L & M but sung so hauntingly my Paul McCartney.

Reaction score
Well thanks for that, Biggles, that's nice to know. I've never seen this 'music man' but I'm looking for it now.. another tune or two from that same book 'Till' came from was credited to 'music man' and it sparked an interest which you've now fanned into action...

I love the bit 'they tell me' coming after 'roses....' because the extended 'roses..' is like the thought trailing off, isn't it, and then he corrects himself, remembering he didn't know and says 'they tell me'. Superb. Perhaps such writing is all new to and I'm simply not inured or blase about it as yet but, yep, I find it great.

btw I know who Biggles was. And Worrals. And Gimlet.

:)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
"'Til There Was You" lyrically is a load of mushy gushy lovey dovey drivel.
Musically it is brillantly written and beautiful to play.
It is on my play list and sounds so sweet with flute.
Please do not sing along . .lol.

Reaction score
Yes but the brilliant music is reflected in the words. I've mentioned how I found the addition of 'and dew' to conjure up an image of a mind reflecting with some surprise on events, realities of the past.

I find that perfectly acceptable. Good writing.

If you mean however that sentimental love is essentially spurious, should be put in quotes: "love' and kept at arms length then I realise there's enough grim realities in the world to make your position understandable. But I don't agree with it.

Perhaps I wallow in emotion too much - I'm sure there's a world of difference between different people, maybe something to do with the genes, whatever, I don't know, but I've felt rage that would kill and wanted to kill, and I've killed (animals) with a total lack of all feeling, and I've been moved to tears by a tiny child.... etc, etc... They're all true and valid emotions to me, from the wicked to the tender.

Maybe extremely emotionally labile and at fault because of it. Yep. But still....

How about a clip of your flute doing it, then?

Reaction score
Having a young son who's clinging to his childishness I find myself reliving them on a daily basis.........

Ask a Question