Arranger Module BK-7m on a Lowrey Organ Sensation - Split only lower Keyboard

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, partly because I only recently acquired a Roland BK-7m.
I bought the module because I wanted to modernize the sound and rhythm of my older Lowrey organ (Sensation SE), which I also recently purchased.
Basically, I was able to connect the two devices and they work together almost as they should.
However, it bothers me that when I switch on the split on the arranger module, not only the lower organ manual is split, but also the upper one.
Unfortunately, I can't find a way to get the BK-7m to split only the lower manual. The upper manual of the organ is always split as well.
But I would like to be able to use it in its full width. Perhaps someone here in the forum can tell me whether there is a way to adjust the BK-7m settings so that the whole thing works the way I would like it to.
And if so, what would I have to do?

Perhaps I should also point out that the Lowrey organ has very limited midi functionality.
You can set the midi channel for the upper manual, the midi channel for the lower manual and one for the bass pedals. There is also an "L.R Split" setting, which can also be assigned a Midi channel. So far, however, I have not been able to find out what function this setting should have.

I have currently made the following settings on the BK-7m:
- Connection Wizard: Masterkeyboard - Multichannel - Up1 -> upper manual ( channel 2 ) - Up2/LWR -> lower manual ( channel 1 ) - MBS -> bass pedals ( channel 3 ).
I hope someone here in the forum can help me to figure out the correct settings.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings from Cologne/Germany,
Oliver

Ask a Question