Auto-accompaniment with Roland RD-600?

Reaction score
Back in the 90's, my piano teacher had me buy a Casio CTK something when I started lessons to see if I really was going to like the piano. I liked playing with the rhythms and being able to change the chord used in the rhythm by pressing a key.

Fast forward to now, where I have a Roland RD-600. I like the weighted keys. I like the sounds. But, I'd like to create some accompaniment. How do I do that?

I really like the RD-600 and would like to play on that if I could. My taste in sounds has graduated to where I like the Yamaha sounds as opposed to the more toy-like Casio. Can I program my own rhythms and have them change the chord by pressing a key? I'm also open to a software solution because it may give me more flexibility to change or create rhythms to my own liking. Any guidance would be appreciated because I am a newbie in the area of auto-accompaniment solutions.

Thanks,

Reaction score
1 Buy a Roland FP e50, it has AA inbuilt
2 Look at other DP’s with inbuilt AA, Yamaha DGX 670, Korg XE20
3 Look at Ketron, they have a range of Arranger modules
4 Buy a Korg Pa5X 88 or Yamaha Genos 2 for all an in one solution

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. The forum suggested posts that might answer my question. One suggested jjazzlab.com. That one looks promising: free and lots of free style files on the internet. Since I'm just starting out, I'll explore that and see where it takes me.

Thanks again

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Or look at an Arturia Keystep Pro or Beatstep Pro.

They are full fledged MIDI sequencers that can control up to 4 channels at once.

One of those allows you to improvise styles that play on the multitimbral channels of your synth while you accompany on the main channel.

Ask a Question