Beatstep Pro: Select project via MIDI

Reaction score
In my live setup I use S1MidiTrigger on an iPad to make program changes for a number of MIDI enabled keyboards, synths and effectmodules. So in S1MidiTrigger I have one button pr song, that sends out a number of program change commands to the different equipment on different MIDI channels.

I am having a problem selecting projects on the Beatstep Pro via MIDI. I have changed the "User" MIDI channel for the Beatstep to channel 7, but regardless of the data I send to it, it does not seem to have any effect on the Beatstep.

I do not know if using the "User" MIDI channel is the right way to do this, but I am not sure how to do it otherwise.

Any sugggestions?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It looks like Arturia posted a firmware update for the Beatstep Pro on April 5, 2016, so my first suggestion would be to install that.

The only other thing I can think of after glancing through the manual is to double-check that you've set the receive channels to 7. I didn't actually see any info about how to select a project using received MIDI messages, but the manual is pretty deep to absorb by just browsing through it.

Have you asked Arturia Support about how to do this?

PS-- Thank you for mentioning S1MidiTrigger, as I hadn't heard of it before. I'll definitely be checking it out! :)

Ask a Question