Beginner Casio 61 Key

Reaction score
Hey so I went to Wal-Mart last night( some store )

I went to the music department and they had a 61-key Casio Keyboard that was MIDI compatable, USB, and comes with an amp and cord for it. I don't remember the brand and I THINK it was a CSK-800 or something like that. I'm gonna look it up more and edit this post. but I was wondering, if i should buy it.

its 100 dollars, not much money now. It seems for that price, it is most likely a beginner's keyboard (aha)

Though it is probably better than my 42-key Yahama that I had ever since i was 6 :D

I really need to get a better keyboard, this one has better specs then the one i have now. I just need enough money to buy it hehehe. So if anyone ever heard of this kind of Casio, is it worth it?

Reaction score
The keyboard you are looking at is the CTK-800. $100 seems pretty good price for it - I'm a little out of touch with prices across the pond.

That particular family are very good beginners keyboards - the model you are looking at is a basic arranger/tutor keyboard - as far as I know the patch editting functions are very limitted (if present). The only thing that annoys me about that family is a lack of pitch bend/mod in all but the larger models. The sound library is varied enough to keep you busy for some time.

You might also consider the WK-3100 (76 key version, with editting) or CTK-900 (no mic, no preset songs or lessons, with editting).

Let us know if you have any more thoughts!

Reaction score
yea money is a hassle for me and my parents don't take my keyboarding seriously...

I ask them for an upgrade but they say no, or they will say that X-Mas is coming up aha..

I'll just have to save my money...

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a keyboard at Walmart. Check out a music store and talk with the sales person if you can find one.:cool:

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a keyboard at Walmart. Check out a music store and talk with the sales person if you can find one.:cool:

but then again, there is the price factor. Wal-Mart sells cheaper, an usual music store can sell better things, yes, but their prices can be higher

Ask a Question