Beginner need help choosing a keyboard

Reaction score
I mainly want a keyboard for making beats and stuff like that. My budget is around $300 but I can go a little higher if necessary. I have no experience with any musical instruments. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
hello.....ok for 300 bucks your gonna have to get something used and in bad shape..... your best bet is going with software like reason or if you want to go cheaper use fruity loops. i dont think you can even find a used keyboard that will make halfway decent beats for that price.

I suppose you can try to find a beat up mm6 but i would not suggest it.

Reaction score
Software isn't an issue for me but in terms of hardware, I thought I would able to get something good for 300. Are the M-Audio Axiom series any good? If I can't get anything good for that price I may just get an electric guitar.

Reaction score
the axioms are actually awesome but they are midi keyboards if you want to make beats on your computer using a keyboard then yeah it will work but on its own it makes no sound. it only transmits a midi signal.

Ask a Question