Can I assign PSR-740 to my pc's midi software?

Reaction score
My 10-yr old Yamaha PSR 740 has quite a user manual but for the life of me I can't tell or figure out whether it can control midi software on my Mac. I can get it to play through the software, but I can't use or assign many of its buttons to control the software's features like preset drawbars etc. I've tried it with both standalone Kontakt, MainStage3 & Garageband. All 3 will 'play' but again little to no way to assign other controls from my PSR that I can see. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I know of quite a few folks that have done what you have done, so far, but I do not know of anyone who even tried to set their 740 up as a controller. You might want to post your question over on the PSRTUTORIAL.COM forum. There are a lot of Tyros pro giggers and studio producers over there that started out on the 740 and worked their way up through the PSR "ranks" over the years. Maybe a few of them have done what you are trying to do. Most of them consider the 740 as the first pro level PSR.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php

Good luck !

Last edited:

Ask a Question