Can I connect my yamaha s 900 to a Yamaha amp wirelessly.

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if I can connect my keyboard to a Yamaha Guitar amp. If you do can you advise me.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Guitar amps are no good for keyboards. Too much distortion and not enough frequency range.

In a pinch a Bass amp will do.

Otherwise stick with powered monitors, PA systems, keyboard amps, or even a home stereo system or a set of powered computer speakers.

All of these are line level compatible and will output the full frequency range of a modern keyboard.

Guitar amps will sound terrible though and they have way too much gain on the input stages.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you wanting to connect the keyboard to the amp wirelessly? The text of your post doesn't say that, but the subject line does.

The PSR-S900 can use a wireless connection, but that's for internet access over a wireless LAN. As far as I know, the keyboard cannot transmit its audio output over a wireless LAN connection.

On the other hand, I suppose you could buy a wireless audio transmitter and wireless audio receiver. You'd need to connect the keyboard to the wireless audio transmitter via audio cables, then connect the wireless audio receiver to the amp via audio cables.

Ask a Question