Can you opine on the Alesis Coda Pro?

Reaction score
I just ordered an Alesis Coda Pro. I got a good deal in an auction and budget was a main concern as well as action. I'm doing online lessons as well as Alfred and if I progress well I plan to move up. As stated, I read reviews but I'm interested in what real players think. Thanks, mb

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I can't speak from direct experience but I've just looked over the specs and it seems to be a respectable student piano.

I do own an Alesis SR-18 drum box and an Alesis QX49 MIDI controller as well.

Build quality on both are quite decent and the keys are quite playable.

I can't speak on the comparison with other keyboards in that price range such as the Casio Privia PX160 but it seems to be of comparable price/features and quality.

It should serve you quite well for several years to come before you outgrow it and start to look around for something better.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you. As stated, I'm as green as a clover but from my understanding Alesis came out with a series a few years back with bad sounds and they sort of got a black eye over it. With this one they have went to AIR and another that escapes me at the moment but they are suppose to be well regarded. The action is said to be good as well.

Reaction score
It's here. Although I don't have a reference except for my workhorse 61 key Casio, this seems well built and the speakers sound great.

Ask a Question