Case idea for mixer and a few pedals

Reaction score
I use 3 keyboards for a show and need to use a small 6 channel mixer so I can run 1 DI for front of house. Up to this point I have never bothered to find a case for this mixer and I'm so tired of having to put the mixer on the floor and plug in the cables to the mixer for every show. Does anyone have an idea for a good case I could use for the mixer and maybe a pedal or two? I was leaning towards the skb ps45 pedal board case, but just wasn't sure if this would be the best solution. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

Reaction score
May I ask why you'd want the mixer on the floor and not at waist-height or higher where it'd actually be accessible? I use a simple 4-channel mono mixer and I find I'm adjusting it fairly frequently while playing live to tailor my levels, both to keep a balance between sounds (I play mainly at church and, unfortunately, we don't rehearse other than Sunday mornings for an hour, where I don't have all kinds of time to get my sound balance just right on my own, let alone with the rest of the band) and because balancing for the acoustics of the room or to compliment the other musicians is something I try to do. Same deal with organ drawbars; I'll make a preset ahead of time but do small adjustments as needed based on what I hear and what others are doing.

If you were to use a case, I'd think that anything that fits your mixer securely and is durable enough would be fine. You'd still have to plug the cables into the mixer though (or, at very least, plug them into the keyboard); I'd think it wouldn't be much harder to just deal with it manually and not bother with a case. I use 5 pedals, two keyboards, my amp, and the mixer, and can get everything set up in under 15 minutes.

Reaction score
I agree w/Kanthos - no reason to put the mixer on the floor... use a milk crate, standing up (or two, upside down on top of eachother) - that way at least you can look down on it and see the levels. :)

As far as a case for your mixer, pedals... something like this would do just fine. :cool:

Reaction score
Thinking about this more, I don't even think having the pedals in a bag is a good idea. For me, I'd find that the front edge of the bag would get in the way. I like to keep my feet with my heels flat on the ground and my toes on whichever pedal I happen to be using; the bag being in the way would annoy me.

The people who have pedals in cases (namely, guitarists), have two big differences from us keyboard types. One is that they typically don't use pedals constantly during a song (wah pedals are the obvious exception). Their stompboxes are things they'll hit between songs or to use a different sound on a solo or something; they're not using them often, so a bit of inconvenience isn't too bad. Plus, they're almost always standing, while keyboard types often sit.

Ask a Question