Casio ct-s300 keeps shutting down automatically

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join in this forum. I really need your help please.

My Casio ct-s300 is one year old. The keyboard often keeps turning off and on by itself. I always use LAD 6A power adapter (BIS certified, made in India) which was recommended by Casio India. I have checked the auto turning off function and disabled it, however, it has not worked. Interestingly, the problem disappears if the keyboard is kept unused for 4-5 days, but it reappears after a few days of use. I would be grateful if anybody has any idea! Thank you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Casios have auto shutoff enabled by default.

Hold down the Tone button while powering up to disable it.

Reaction score
Try resetting the keyboard, I think Casio calls it reinitiating so do check the Manual first

Then try disabling auto power off

Reaction score
Try resetting the keyboard, I think Casio calls it reinitiating so do check the Manual first

Then try disabling auto power off
Thank you. I have now reinitialized the device and then disabled auto power off. The problem still persists.

Today, the behaviour of the power button looks more like loose connection, switches off and on more frequently, every two to three seconds.

I have kept the keyboard off.

Reaction score
Do get a quote for the work before you get it done.

The keyboard is £150 new and repair cost could be a sizeable portion of new one if not more.

Reaction score
Coming back to this thread.

End of February 24, took the keyboard to an expert mechanic who didn't find any fault in the mainboard. However, he thought it could be a moisture issue, cleaned the connectors of the mainboard and on/off switch. It worked, became playable for about two months. Now the issue reappears. Not sure if it is a moisture or power supply issue.

Ask a Question