How do I copy midi files to USB on Casio X S3000?

Reaction score
Hello, I've just got the above keyboard and have recorded one song in the available Midi 11-15 slots, and it under Rec song 1 in Number 11. I've been trying to copy this to an inserted USB stick as ultimately I want to be able to save midi songs to USB as there are only 5 slots on the keyboard. Is it possible to do this? Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Stevgil

Reaction score
This page and the next of the manual I downloaded

The manuals probably differ by country

Attachments

• 2230A919-0B20-456E-B013-F058CF649963.png
    2230A919-0B20-456E-B013-F058CF649963.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
Here is a link to a page where you can download the user manual for the S3000. I hope this helps. Best, Don

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/in...3000-manuals-chordana-patch-scripts-and-more/
Hi b3maniac: many thanks for the helpful links. Although not exactly stated in the manuals, it seems that the MIDI files must remain in the 5 slots on the keyboard and cannot be downloaded or even recorded onto USB. I've managed to do this with Audio files i.e. non-MIDI only, though I'd be extremely happy to be proved wrong on this!

Best wishes
Stevgil

Reaction score
Despite what it says in the marketing rubbish the CT-X range are very limited in usable Pro features, this is also probably true regarding other makes.

If you want to use your Casio for MIDI recording you are best using a Computer and a DAW or return the Casio and buy a much more expensive Arranger which has good recording features.

This is how easy it is with a more feature rich arranger.

Reaction score
Hi, Biggles, Many thanks for the link and comment. I would have gone for such as a Korg arranger as you mention, but as these aren't weighted keys, I get arm ache problems after a couple of days of playing. Firstly, I'm more of a 'pianist' so key action, half-pedal etc., is important and I didn't want to get too bogged down in producing MIDI 'masterpieces' but rather just playing along to created backings of some sort. I had also thought about the Korg XE 20 as it has more arranger facilities but I'm not sure about the rest of it e.g. it has no pitch-bend wheel or modulation. My other keyboard is a Roland FA08 and I think I was hoping to somehow incorporate this alongside the Casio to wile away the hours making the best uses of both, preferably somehow used together. The Casio keyboard feels great to me even though the backings are a little 'basic' perhaps. I originally hoped to making play along backings on the Casio with a view to using the Roland to perhaps enhance these somewhere along the line. I could send the Casio back and get something else but I'm not sure what to do as I'm not even sure what direction I want to go as I just want to amuse myself making best uses of what I've got. I am tempted to buy an Apple laptop perhaps and go down the DAW route but it seems a bit more involved than I really want to go. Thanks to this Lockdown lark, I've not been able to visit any music shops to try out stuff so it's just hit and miss and just going by other comments. Anyway, sorry if I've gone on a bit but any comments are always welcome. Again, many thanks for taking the time to reply.
Kind wishes

Reaction score
Hi, Biggles, Many thanks for the link and comment. I would have gone for such as a Korg arranger as you mention, but as these aren't weighted keys, I get arm ache problems after a couple of days of playing. Firstly, I'm more of a 'pianist' so key action, half-pedal etc., is important and I didn't want to get too bogged down in producing MIDI 'masterpieces' but rather just playing along to created backings of some sort. I had also thought about the Korg XE 20 as it has more arranger facilities but I'm not sure about the rest of it e.g. it has no pitch-bend wheel or modulation. My other keyboard is a Roland FA08 and I think I was hoping to somehow incorporate this alongside the Casio to wile away the hours making the best uses of both, preferably somehow used together. The Casio keyboard feels great to me even though the backings are a little 'basic' perhaps. I originally hoped to making play along backings on the Casio with a view to using the Roland to perhaps enhance these somewhere along the line. I could send the Casio back and get something else but I'm not sure what to do as I'm not even sure what direction I want to go as I just want to amuse myself making best uses of what I've got. I am tempted to buy an Apple laptop perhaps and go down the DAW route but it seems a bit more involved than I really want to go. Thanks to this Lockdown lark, I've not been able to visit any music shops to try out stuff so it's just hit and miss and just going by other comments. Anyway, sorry if I've gone on a bit but any comments are always welcome. Again, many thanks for taking the time to reply.
Kind wishes
I'm just answering my own comment! In the end I decided to buy a Korg XE20 as well as the Casio PX so now I've got 3 keyboards to learn!

Reaction score
Talk about belt, braces and a length of string, you are not doing things by half are you.

If its the Arranger features and functions you are seeking then the way to achieve that is to use your FA 08 MIDI’d to a Korg PA 700 or similar.

You play the FA and the Pa provides the Arranger functions but the auto accompaniment is triggered via the FA.

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles. This was an arrangement I originally thought about i.e. midi connections to another keyboard but I hate having only 61 spring loaded keys as they hurt my arms. However, if I could completely control the PA700 using the Roland, does this mean I could get away without actually 'playing' the Korg but just using its arranger facilities i.e. press the arranger buttons but bypass the actual keyboard without using a computer interface?

Reaction score
Watch this video.

Leigh is from Korg UK and here is shows how he uses a Pa1000 for its arranger features whilst playing his Wersi organ.

Reaction score
Watch this video.

Leigh is from Korg UK and here is shows how he uses a Pa1000 for its arranger features whilst playing his Wersi organ.

Hi Biggles
Just to say that I've just received my Korg PA1000 today. So I've just connected my FA08 on channel 16 as per video and managed to get the piano sound on the Korg and can control the backing but haven't yet figured out how to change the individual sounds on the Korg from the Roland as I've just got the piano sound at lowish volume. It's early days though so hopefully I'll figure out the rest eventually.
Thanks for all your help with links etc. I'll be looking at them again.
Best wishes

Reaction score
If you have not already done so there is a Korg Video Tutorial for the Pa1000.

After you have watched them head over to korgworld.co.uk

It is Korg UK’s website dedicated to the Pa series, Leigh who did the MIDI video runs the website.

You will see there links to webcasts which they have both live and retrospective so you can view them when you like and there are about 25 hours of them to look through.

Ignore that they use the Pa4X a lot the OS is very similar between models

BTW
There is Korg Software available look for Songbook Editor, there is also a 35 minute video on using the software.

Reaction score
Thanks for the links Biggles, you really are a mine of information and I greatly appreciate your help. I'll be checking out all the stuff you suggest. Once again, I can't thank you enough!

Best wishes

Reaction score
You are welcome.

Do give the Pa1000 a lot of use in the next couple of weeks to ensure it is the keyboard that you will keep.

The key to using a Korg Pa is the Songbook, it is where you save the Style and all its settings that you are using for a specific song.

BTW
The korgworld websites has some downloads available, do download and save them to your computer for now.

Two more actions for you to do, well three if you include putting a USB memory stick in the Pa and format it in the Pa.

1) Create a Backup file

2) Create a Save All file, Media > Save > All etc, this is the file where user created data is saved and hence it is vital to perform a Save All routine after you have added user created data.

Reaction score
You are welcome.

Do give the Pa1000 a lot of use in the next couple of weeks to ensure it is the keyboard that you will keep.

The key to using a Korg Pa is the Songbook, it is where you save the Style and all its settings that you are using for a specific song.

BTW
The korgworld websites has some downloads available, do download and save them to your computer for now.

Two more actions for you to do, well three if you include putting a USB memory stick in the Pa and format it in the Pa.

1) Create a Backup file

2) Create a Save All file, Media > Save > All etc, this is the file where user created data is saved and hence it is vital to perform a Save All routine after you have added user created data.
Thanks again Biggles, will do all of the above. So far, I've watched Pete Shaw's video and set my FA on Channel 16 along with the PA and can indeed change chords on the backing but I've yet to figure out how to use the individual sounds on the PA as so far on Ch16 all I get is a strange violin sound and no piano despite changing a few parameters here and there. I've certainly a lot to learn about this midi stuff!

Many thanks again
Best wishes

Ask a Question