Casio CTX5000 Can we export registrations to computer or USB? And can we import ?

Reaction score
I am about to buy a Casio CTX 5000 in two weeks, and I need to know if it can export or import registrations, as well tones and styles between computer folders and the instrument. For me this is very important to know, because I think this is a big landscape for the use of creativity. If you know something about this possibility, please tell me. i thank you in advance.

Reaction score
I know about the 5000 as I bought one as a stop gap.

It lasted a weekend, to say the operating system is dire is being fair to it.

It sounds OK but the Registrations would not hold and it kept freezing.

Buy one at your peril.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
According to the manual, you can save and restore registrations, user tones, user rhythms, and user songs to a USB flash drive. I would recommend studying the manual and other documents to familiarize yourself with the operational procedures and feature functionalities before you buy it:

If you're already familiar and reasonably happy with Casio's way of doing things (as far as things like their menu system and function settings), then you might be more favorably inclined toward the CT-X5000 than someone who prefers another company's way of doing things. However, I would definitely listen to anyone who's actually tried out the CT-X5000 or closely-related model to see what their experiences were.

Reaction score
According to the manual, you can save and restore registrations, user tones, user rhythms, and user songs to a USB flash drive. I would recommend studying the manual and other documents to familiarize yourself with the operational procedures and feature functionalities before you buy it:

If you're already familiar and reasonably happy with Casio's way of doing things (as far as things like their menu system and function settings), then you might be more favorably inclined toward the CT-X5000 than someone who prefers another company's way of doing things. However, I would definitely listen to anyone who's actually tried out the CT-X5000 or closely-related model to see what their experiences were.
Thank you for this answer. I'll think a little bit more, before my final choice. The first thing I try to learn about a keyboard, is how to restart it with the factory configurations. This helps a lot, because I had a experience trying to add uncompatible styles on a Korg keyboard and it's fine. I hope this kind of job can help on some similar situations in the future.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Recently got a 3000 - no major OS issues thankfully (so far!!), and haven't tried saving data etc. However, going by my old CTK-7000 experience, the data manager interface is.... rather unsophisticated (to put it kindly).

The Y-man

Reaction score
Recently got a 3000 - no major OS issues thankfully (so far!!), and haven't tried saving data etc. However, going by my old CTK-7000 experience, the data manager interface is.... rather unsophisticated (to put it kindly).

The Y-man
If the registrations don't block or erase, for me it's fine. The way to simplify, is to make some registrations according to a plan for live shows, and everything will work fine. I am used to complicated softwares for music, but the important is they can't fail. If the keyboard don't fail by itself, that's good, for me.

Ask a Question