Casio PX5S

Reaction score
The initial shipment of the new PX5S has recently arrived and I had the chance to sell my PX3 to
a local keyboard friend. So, I decided to upgrade and yesterday my new PX5S arrived. It is distinct a step-up in sound from the PX3, and the acoustic pianos and electric piano sounds are nice. It is also much more programable than the PX3, and I think Casio has a hit with this one. I've never been a Casio fan in the past, but I have to give them credit for making a good jump in gigability with their recent PX and XW models. Don

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's been a lot of buzz and hype about the PX-5S over on the http://casiomusicforums.com website lately. So much so that we XW owners are feeling forgotten :(

Anyway, the site is still in bad shape ever since it was hacked last month which is a pity because it was an excellent source for video tutorials and FAQs on the new PX board.

Hopefully they will overcome their problems without too much more delay.

Congrats on the new board BTW. ;)

Reaction score
I have an XWP1 also, and I've been hoping they would do some more sound banks. The PX5S does sound better than the PX3 (to my ears anyway) but
I think these were the very first batch to get shipped out. I've been trying to program some layers, but the manual hasn't been all that helpful. This board has a lot more depth to the programming, and I expect that there will be some tutorials somewhere down the line. Don

Reaction score
On another forum, Mike Martin of Casio has indicated the firmware update will be out anytime. They are also supposed to be releasing a software editor as well. D

Reaction score
Happyrat, being an XWP1 owner you might appreciate this: Yesterday I had a one hour set to do with my soul band at an outdoor concert. I needed to get in/out fast so I took the PX5 + XWP1 and my Motion Sound stereo amp. I ran the XWP1 thru my Neo Ventilator leslie sim and used the XWP1 for my organ parts. The Vent really brings out the organ on this board, to the point that one of my local keyboard player friends is looking to get this combination to save weight. I think the XWP1 is probably one of the best low cost synths out there.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I fully agree with you Don. The XW-P1 offers a hell of a lot of bang for the buck. I sold off a Microkorg XL when I bought mine and never regretted it since.

Gary

PS. It's a shame that the Ventilator box is more expensive than the XW itself :p ;)

Ask a Question