Confused about Styles - Yamaha, DGX-660

Reaction score
It seems every style I try, the bass clef sounds like strings, or organish strings. And, I can't specify a key unless I select Smart Chord, which again is strings. And the bass clef gets completelyi overrun. I mean, I can have my volume for Main set to 90, and set the Style volume to 127 (max), and I can barely hear the style. If I set the split point below the BASS keys I'd be playing, it doesn't play the string, but just plays drum, it seems. This is all with ACMP on.

Now, if I select Sync Start, it may play other instruments. But then if the bass keys to the sheet music itself is important to the piece...you don't get that. And again, the volume is still an issue.

Also, if I slur the keys on the bass clef during use of a style, the varying tones do not play. I have to distinctly push, let go, then push the next key for it to come play right.

So, that seemsm the only solution is to use track recording and put the various things on each track, etc. But then from what I understand you are limited to only 5 user songs in the keyboard memory. And, if you dump one for a new one, you cannot reload the tracks with what you've recorded.

Am I missing something? i am pretty new to this, so that could be likely. But it does seem to put some pretty big restrictions on things.

Hoping someone can enlighten me.

Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe my understanding on the number of user songs is wrong. I think I have more than that in memory now. I'll have to do some more user manual study.

But the other issues remain a confusion for me.

Ask a Question