desktop keyboard or midi-controller

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a suitable (and affordable) desktop-keyboard or MIDI-controller that I can link to my PC to play. I also need a virtual sampler/synth.

The idea is that I am missing my (big) keyboard at home and in my current flat there is no space for it, so I am looking for a smaller alternative (49 keys or less).
The keyboard/MIDI-controller + synth should reproduce sounds in real time so I can play at least melodies without delay or stopping up. I have a (monophonic) windows-gadget, but the delay is just awful.

The processor is an Intel i7 Q720 @ 1,6 GHz and my soundcard is labelled NVIDIA High Definition Audio (I suppose it is on board).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx in advance ( in my language: på forhånd takk)

Reaction score
i would recommend trying to find a first generation axiom, i think you can find one for about 200 bucks, however that leaves you still needing software.... you could try a m audio keyrig 49 for under 100 dollars and then go and find a lite version of some software. just a thought.

Reaction score
ive never used that but i have had problems with almost everything Behringer i have ever used. so i really try to stay away from them. but ive never used their keyboards.

Ask a Question