DGX-660 -> Needs reset every so often?

Reaction score
Beginning to feel like the 660 is running Windows...needs resettint every so often. Does this happen to you?

For example, tonight, the voices, Main, Dual, etc would not respond to volume changes in the function panel. I ended up saving my registry, resetting the keyboard, and reloading the registry. That fixed the issue.

I am starting to see a trend of having to do this every so often. I don't know if I am doing something to cause this (still in my learning phase, although I've been at it for 10 months), or if it is just to be expected.

Any thoughts?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you using USB drives with the keyboard to load songs and styles, or to save and recall registrations? If so, you might try to keep track of whether the problem starts to happen after loading a particular file, in case the USB drive is developing bit rot or the file contains bad data for any other reason.

Also, I see in the manual that there's a feature called Intelligent Acoustic Control which automatically adjusts the audio output from the built-in speakers (see page 59). You might check that setting whenever you start to notice the problem, and experiment with different settings to see if it makes a difference.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I am using USB. I save registries, songs, etc. And of course load them.

Thanks for pointing me to the Acoustic Control. I will experiment with that.

However...I am having constant and significant problems with sestting the voices. Here's one scenario that I just experienced.

• Reset Keyboard
  • Volume control works
  • Create instrument and sound selections and assigned to Bank keys
  • Saved to USB
  • Rest Volume lower
  • Play keys, volume not down

So, it does seem like useing the USB is problematic. I am trying to get a process defined where for the various songs I learn, I want to keep the registry for that song. Then I may save a song w/o piano voice. Then later I can load the registry, set the song to the saved song, have a Start/Stop set to the pedal, and play the saved song (which contains the accompaniment i saved), and play the piano with that.

But, I may find that I want to change the volume relative to the volulme of the saved songs. But the volume settings won't work.

I probably need to call Yamaha, and get a support ticket going.

By the way, I changed to a brand new USB stick, and it didn't help the situation.

Reaction score
I should probably change the title to this tread. It's not the need to reset, it's about the volume controls not working right, and reset fixes it...most of the time, but not all the time. I went back in to practice after posting above, and l did the reset, and even w/o doing anything else after the reset, volume settings from the Function lest is not working. I set up and resaved a registry, and it started working.

I think at this stage I need to spend an hour testing various scenarios, to se if loadina a particular song is causing it, or a particular setting.

Ask a Question