DGX670 3-PEDAL ASSEMBLY!

Reaction score
Hi
As a new owner of the dgx670, it came to my attention that the only way to have 3 pedals was to purchase the L-300 stand.I already have a nice 2-tier stand and upon a little searching found a company that manufactures a pedal assembly with the correct plug attached for the DGX670! It's avaiable on Amazon, made by DAOK. I bought one and it is solid!

Reaction score
Hi Mica ...

But does it work with the DGX-670's assignable pedal functions for articulation and unison (left and middle pedal)? See pages 42 and 55 of the Yamaha DGX-670's owner's manual. Or does it only offer simply soft/sostenuto/sustain? I have just bought a DGX-670 and am blown away with it, particularly for the low price. However, I play it on an x-frame rather than the more permanent L-300 stand and don't really need sostenuto and soft pedals. What I need is simply a sustain pedal plus as much functionality for keyboard playing with accompaniments, particularly for live gigs, so it is really important to get ALL the functionality of Yamaha's LP-1 three-pedal unit for the DGX-670. So does the DAOK 3 live up to that? I would be very grateful for your advice to avoid wasting money on a a DAOK 3 if it doesn't actually support the DGX-670's assignable pedal features. Thank you. Neil

Last edited:
Reaction score
The DAOK 3 sort of supports the DGX-670's assignable pedal features. There seems to be some kind of bug that in some configurations causes two pedals to trigger the same feature. But different features are definitely assignable to any pedal.
I'm going to investigate further to see what the circuitry differences are between the DAOK 3 and the LP-1.

At this point, I'd suggest buying the LP-1, removing the vertical sticks that attach to the Yamaha stand and mount the LP-1 pedals to a floor plate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ended up here while looking for info about the DAOK pedal, and have since found that Yamaha now do a standalone pedal compatible with the DGX-670, model number is FC35. It's more expensive than the DAOK - about £40 difference in the UK - but won't have any issues with two pedals triggering the same feature.

Elsewhere I've seen reports that the DAOK also can have an issue with half-pedaling, but that could have just been bad wiring on one example.

Reaction score
Hi
As a new owner of the dgx670, it came to my attention that the only way to have 3 pedals was to purchase the L-300 stand.I already have a nice 2-tier stand and upon a little searching found a company that manufactures a pedal assembly with the correct plug attached for the DGX670! It's avaiable on Amazon, made by DAOK. I bought one and it is solid!
Brilliant! Thank you for that tip off, Callidetic ... I'm now going to buy the Yamaha FC35 three-pedal unit for my wonderful DGX670 as my Xmas present. That's the solution I have been waiting for. Hurrah!

Reaction score
Glad my info was helpful Neilo. I've only had my DGX670 a couple of days, but really impressed with it so far. I upgraded from the 620, the difference is quite significant.

Ask a Question