DGX670 RGT's & Styles Problem.

Reaction score
DGX670. I'm getting fairly well with the frustrating menu.
Styles have to be saved as RGT's but at times the registration when selecting it at a later time does not always find the correct styles the RGt was saved with.
I have not moved any styles so it's a puzzle.
I have to find the correct style again and resave the registration.
Checking with Yamaha UK Support state they have not heard of such a problem.

Possible the answer is to put Registration & Styles both in the same folder.

Any other DGX owner having this problem ?.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't heard of that, but the folder idea sounds promising. Keep us updated on it.

Reaction score
Michael. As a test...At present I'm going through the DGX670 Bonus PlayList RGT's and selecting the tunes I like & want to use
As the Bonus RGT's are already contected to a factory style, it will be interesting to see any further saving RGT problems.

Each PlayList contains just one RGT Variation, so going through the supplied OTS's and adding the remaining Var2..Var3..Var4.

Reaction score
Just for INFO:
I am still having problems with a RGT playing style from previous RGT played and not the style it was saved with.
Note these are other Yamaha styles, the onboard styles to RGT's I have not so far had this problem with.
Making an RGT from OUTBOARD STY saves and plays as it should but going back to it later or next day the RGT has lost its attachment to the correct style.
All styles & RGT's are kept on one USB so the styles have not been moved.

The Bonus PlayList does work correctly, it loads with just one RGT Button VAR1, so
I add the OTS for Var2.VAR3 & VAR4...This saves and plays correctly.

This is a funny one...Yamaha states they have not received any other reports.
It must be me, but I feel I have saved everything correctly.
This has not put me off the DGX670 because I work around it

Reaction score
Your language goes over a newbie s head 😂 what is a Var1,2,3 what is a RGT and why can I only see it on computer but not play it or transfer it to DGX

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
RGT is a Registration, or where you've set up the keyboard's voices, style, and other settings the way you want them to be, then save them to a Registration Memory for "instantly" recalling them later.

Var1/2/3 are Variations 1, 2, and 3.

Ask a Question