Did Led Zepplin Rip Off Stairway?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I embraced all the styles of the early 80's except for rap. In fact I'll listen to almost anything from blues to bluegrass to classical to electronica to rock and roll to avante garde.

Sting and Stewart Copeland from the Police went on to heights of true musical genius.

If you don't see that genius then you are somewhat sadly deficient in your musical tastes.

But there's room for everyone's tastes in today's musical world of spotify and itunes and soundcloud and youtube.

Like everything else in the world today, music evolves over time and there's plenty of musical genius out there to appreciate if you can hear it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sting. An Englishman in New York and Desert Rose and that is it. I never liked the repetitive lyrics of nearly all the Police hits and despite great guitar work of Andy Summers he never got the credits nor the royalties, genius Sting kept it to himself.

Copeland has had very little influence here in the UK since his Police days although he has been a well respected Composer and Producer.

Do remember that many of the USA punk groups had very little influence over here in the UK and for that I am truly gratefull.

Reaction score
The results are in and the Court threw out the case at Appeal and now the Supreme Court has refused to review the case.

Probably it will not stop the debate or accusations as it may well be thought that it has not been considered due to technalities.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Spirit, or at least, of some of their albums; as with most groups, some albums are better than others. And I used to feel that Led Zeppelin had clearly ripped off "Taurus," by Spirit. But as of a couple of years ago I've changed my opinion. It seems pretty clear that there was an influence, but that doesn't equate to plagiarism.

Ask a Question