Display playing chord in PSR-E453

Reaction score
Hi everybody, recently, I bought a psr-e453. I'm a beginner and I do not even know how to play. However, there is something that worries me, are not the chords played supposed to be displayed on the screen when you play? or does it require a configuration or parameter setting so that the played chords are displayed? example when playing the chord of DO, the chord C will be displayed on the screen. I'm not talking about the chord dictionary, but the chords played. Thx for your help

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of keyboarding.

That is a superb model you have bought . . The E453 is most suitable for a beginner and as well has an abundance of advanced features suitable for experienced players too.
There is a built in program which you can access called YES (yamaha education suite.) This may guide you through the features of the instrument.

As for displaying chords, I think if you have ACMP active, you shoud see the chord you are playing displayed on the screen. The melody notes being played with right hand will be displayed on the screen (if you wish) as a keynote.

and I do not even know how to play.

Take lessons and enjoy the challenge. It is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do in your life.

Any other queries you have along the way . . Just fire away! There are many experienced dudes here keen to assist.

Love music / Love life - ray:)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Could you explain a little bit more what you mean? Are you saying that the name of the chord isn't being displayed as you're expecting, or that the notes of the chord aren't being displayed on the keyboard image, or something else?

If by chance you're talking about the chords played to the left of the split while using the auto accompaniment, as far as I know the keyboard will display only the keys you're actually pressing, so any additional notes which have been added by the keyboard might not be showing up-- e.g., they might be played by a different "part," such as one of the style parts, or harmony part, etc., and the keyboard might not be designed to display notes coming from that part. For instance, if you're playing a style then you wouldn't want the display to be "cluttered up" with all the notes from the eight style parts.

Ask a Question