Embarrassed non-musician wants to compose

Reaction score
Hello out there!

Here's the story: For years I have wanted to compose songs. I have EXTREME limited musical experience and knowledge. Let's put it this way, I played the trumpet in my junior high school band 30 years ago...that's it.

A few years ago I sat down at a piano and slowly pecked out a song and actually wrote it down on music paper. I took it to a friend of mine who plays the piano very well. He took my melody and played it with his own accompaniment and it sounded pretty good. I sounded like I thought it would sound; and to my surprise, my simple notation was correct.

To make a long story short, I want to compose more songs and arrange them myself. Is there a keyboard that has an "auto accompaniment" or "auto arranger" feature that will allow me to play just the melody and automatically create arrangements. I'm familiar with the keyboards that do this if I could play with both hands...but...I can't.

Thanks for your help!!!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!
There are so many possible answers as to auto accompiment keyboards that
it is probably impossible to give you the answer that might be best for your particular situation. I think all the major manufactuers make "arranger" keyboards, and that is the feature probably want.
However since you have already had some composing enjoyment using a partner, that might be your best option ( at least in the near term).

Reaction score
Hi , welcome to the forum. I can suggest you Yamaha PSR S550. It is a wonderful choice for your requirement. It is an arranger workstation equipped with lots of styles ( rhythms ) and voices ( sounds ) with intors and ending.
Hope it will help. :)
All the best.

Ask a Question