Fantom-0 vs Nord Stage

Reaction score
Hey!!!

How you doing?

I have a Fantom-0 and I'm loving it... But, emerge an opportunity to buy a Nord Stage... It's a nice switch or not necessarily? I need both the piano and the leads. I like the Roland because it's friendly to edit but I don't like the pianos... I never had a Nord so I wanna know your opinion. This switch it's really a upgrade?

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
I would not switch, I would have both.

I did go into my local music store and the sales guy was playing a Nord Piano, fantastic sound, he stops playing and responds to my comment by saying he loves the sound and feel of this and if he himself was going to buy a DP it would be this.

I’ve played a couple of Nord’s in my other local store and loved them, but they were a bit out of my price range at the time.

Surely with the Fantom 0 and the available Zencore sounds that are available that you could find a piano sound that suits you.

Reaction score
I have a Fantom-0 and I'm loving it... But, emerge an opportunity to buy a Nord Stage... It's a nice switch or not necessarily? I need both the piano and the leads. I like the Roland because it's friendly to edit but I don't like the pianos...
I think most people would agree, Nord Stage has better pianos than Fantom-0; and in terms of editing of synth sounds, the Nord, with all of its front panel sound editing knobs, is even easier than the Roland, though not as deeply editable.

There have been numerous Nord Stage models, which one are you looking at?

Reaction score

I did go into my local music store and the sales guy was playing a Nord Piano, fantastic sound, he stops playing and responds to my comment by saying he loves the sound and feel of this and if he himself was going to buy a DP it would be this.

I’ve played a couple of Nord’s in my other local store and loved them, but they were a bit out of my price range at the time.

Surely with the Fantom 0 and the available Zencore sounds that are available that you could find a piano sound that suits you.
Thanks for answrr

Reaction score

Hey thanks for answering...

Well, in truth I studied classical so I like a fuller sound XD
But when I started play on church and band I begin use other sounds like strings, organs, EPs and synths

Reaction score
I think most people would agree, Nord Stage has better pianos than Fantom-0; and in terms of editing of synth sounds, the Nord, with all of its front panel sound editing knobs, is even easier than the Roland, though not as deeply editable.

There have been numerous Nord Stage models, which one are you looking at?
Hey thanks for answering!!!

Well I'm looking at Stage 2 (It's used), but yeah I noticed it... A big friend bought the Stage 3 compact and let me play to test and I saw that, it doesn't have a deeply editable, despite the separated areas to each sound...

Reaction score
I have both, Nord Stage 3 and and Fantom-07. Nord has better pro sounds, Fantom has incredible versatilite versatility. I love Pianos, organs and samples of Nord, but sometimes I like to mix several synths in one scene. Fantom do it, Nord not more than 2.

Ask a Question