Fantom 06/07/08 tone database with Bank Select numbers

Reaction score
I use the Fantom-07 in combination with a rather old version of Cubase. No need to upgrade, it does all I want.

But! Selecting tones in that old version is a pain. It uses Bank Select and Program Change.
The PDF that Roland gives us has only MSB, LSB and PC numbers, and to get the Bank Select number, you need to calculate (MSB*128 + LSB). Way too much hassle for me.

So I converted all the data in that PDF into a database. Mainly for my own use, but others may also want to have it, so I decided to put it online.

You can search the database on tone name, categories, keywords, whatever you like. It gives you all the data (MSB/LSB/Bank Select/Program Change/Category) and on smartphones it has a compressed display (Tone name, Bank Select and Program Change only). The output is sortable on every field you want, just click the column names to do so.

So in short: if you need to enter the proper parameters in your software and it wants a Bank Select and Program Change parameter, this is your solution. Just enter any keyword and the database will give you all tones that match that keyword in either tone name, or category name.

Currently, it holds data of the standard loaded tones in Fantom 06/07/08 as well as EXZ003, EXZ004, EXZ009 and EXZ013 expansions.

It's also available as Excel spreadsheet, OpenOffice spreadsheet and CSV file. If you'd like to see it in action online or download the files I created, go to: https://www.netweters.nl/roland/fantom-0-series.php

Screenshots attached...

Attachments

• Roland-page-desktop.jpg
    Roland-page-desktop.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Roland-page-phone.jpg
    Roland-page-phone.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Very nice! Even for someone who doesn't need those BankSelect numbers, it's nice to have the tone list sortable in different ways. Maybe people can add some of the additional EXZ expansions to the chart as well.

Reaction score
Very nice! Even for someone who doesn't need those BankSelect numbers, it's nice to have the tone list sortable in different ways. Maybe people can add some of the additional EXZ expansions to the chart as well.
I think I downloaded all the free EXZ packages and will work on those in the coming days. Just because I want to have the database complete, and if anyone else can use it too, that's even better :)

Reaction score
Currently, it holds data of the standard loaded tones in Fantom 06/07/08 as well as EXZ003, EXZ004, EXZ009 and EXZ013 expansions.
Update: the database now contains information on all standard loaded tones of the Fantom 06/07/08 and all free EXZ expansions:

• EXSN01 - SuperNatural Acoustic Piano 1 (10 tones)
• EXSN02 - SuperNatural Electric Piano 1 (36 tones)
• EXSN03 - SuperNatural Acoustic Piano 2 (20 tones)
• EXZ001 - Stage Piano 1 (11 tones)
• EXZ002 - Stage Piano 2 (26 tones)
• EXZ003 - Session Drums (15 kits)
• EXZ004 - Power Drums (11 kits)
• EXZ005 - Studio Sounds (128 tones)
• EXZ006 - World Instruments (407 tones)
• EXZ007 - Orchestra (449 tones, 5 kits)
• EXZ008 - Vintage Keys (406 tones)
• EXZ009 - Symphonique Strings (138 tones)
• EXZ010 - Big Brass Ensemble (100 tones)
• EXZ011 - Classic EPs (50 tones)
• EXZ012 - Dance Trax (377 tones)
• EXZ013 - Concert Grand Piano (50 tones)
• EXZ014 - Complete Piano (42 tones)
• EXZ015 - Vintage Synth (125 tones)

6250 tones in total. Have fun. (If loading is slow: try Firefox or Edge, those browsers render the list lightning fast compared to Chrome...)

Last edited:

Ask a Question