Fantom - Removing Synth Models before EX Upgrade?

Reaction score
I have a Fantom 6 and I had installed the Jupiter 8, Juno 106, JX-8P and SH-101 models which were available as a promotion I think when the synth was first released. These are also accompanied by expansions for presets I presume. Since the EX upgrade has ACB versions of the Jupiter 8 and SH-101 I would like to uninstall the earlier versions as I don't see any point of having both versions taking up memory space. Does anyone know how top do this? Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If we're talking about software upgrades, I think you just overwrite the bank you don't want.

Reaction score
Thank you happyrat1 - I'll keep your comments in mind. But surely there's a way to remove models you don't want or need. Anyway I do appreciate your response and assistance.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I had a Juno DS a few years back and there was no procedure to remove a writeable bank.

You simply loaded the new one over it.

Reaction score
Thanks happyrat1 but I'm not referring only to the banks but also the models themselves. There's no point having two Jupiter 8s and two SH-101s when the ones that come with the EX upgrade are superior. Surely there must be a way to uninstall models that are not needed or wanted. Hopefully someone might know how to actually uninstall models.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If it's a firmware thing, then as I said, reset the machine and restore the firmware you want.

Contact Roland if you think I'm wrong.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's just the usual way things are done. Uninstalls are few and far between on most keyboards.

Ask a Question