File output via MIDI INTERFACE

Reaction score
Hi,
text is displayed on screen, while music is played, if the file is read from the floppy driver;
if I send the same file to YAMAHA, from computer via MIDI INTERFACE, only the music is played while text is not shown;
I don't know if this is a limit of the keyboard or some setting is required.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
When you say "text," do you mean song lyrics?

Do you mean the text is displayed on your computer's screen, or on the keyboard's screen?

Is the file being read from the computer's floppy drive or from the keyboard's floppy drive?

What model of Yamaha keyboard do you have?

Reaction score
yes, I meant "lyrics"; the file read from internal floppy of PSR-640 works fine, played and shown on keyboard screen; if send out from computer via MIDI Interface it is played by the keyboard but nothing on the keyboard screen;
thank for your help and time,
Luigi

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Okay, the additional information is definitely helpful. :)

I'm guessing that the MIDI file is a karaoke file, which includes MIDI messages that contain the lyrics, possibly in a Yamaha-specific SysEx message. The keyboard sees those messages as it's reading the file and uses them to display the song lyrics.

If you're using MIDI software on the computer to play the same file and transmit the MIDI to the keyboard, the MIDI software is probably filtering out those messages and not transmitting them to the keyboard.

What software are you using to play the MIDI file on the computer?

Reaction score
Okay, the additional information is definitely helpful. :)

I'm guessing that the MIDI file is a karaoke file, which includes MIDI messages that contain the lyrics, possibly in a Yamaha-specific SysEx message. The keyboard sees those messages as it's reading the file and uses them to display the song lyrics.

If you're using MIDI software on the computer to play the same file and transmit the MIDI to the keyboard, the MIDI software is probably filtering out those messages and not transmitting them to the keyboard.

What software are you using to play the MIDI file on the computer?
well, you probably guessing right, while the music is played by keyboard, the lyrics are shown on the computer by the program; I tried VanBasco player and GNMIDI program; can't remember if I tried with the program I use to write score, Noteworthy or Media Player; I'll try as soon as I return home.
Many thanks for your kind help,
Luigi

Ask a Question