First Keyboard.

Reaction score
Hey guys, well like the title says, I'm looking to buy my first keyboard. I haven't played before, so I'll be using it to learn.

Looking to spend around £200-250, any recommendations for what I could get at that price?

Reaction score
I have bought a Yamaha PSR e423. Its great for beginners to intermediates. Its got a huge set of instruments and songs. Plus it has a Yahama's great training system.

My 8 and 12 year old kids have already learnt Fur Elise and are learning Maple Leaf on the training system. And this without ANY formal training whatsoever.

We love it. Check it out.

Reaction score
May want to take a look at the Casio line-up. I used to play (somewhat) a long time ago but am looking for something a little more than than 250 range.

Casio tend to provide good value for the dollar/pound at the lower end of the spectrum, and have a number of lighted keyboards, where the keys light up to help you learn.

Dolphin Music in the UK apparently have good prices (I've been told for US price comparisons- I have no affiliation).

Reaction score
Hey guys, well like the title says, I'm looking to buy my first keyboard. I haven't played before, so I'll be using it to learn.

Looking to spend around £200-250, any recommendations for what I could get at that price?

Hey I got my keyboard at a music store that sold used keyboards. I got a casio ck551 for about $50.00. The keyboard is a little out dated but a good practice piece.Thats a good way to start practicing and find out if you are going to really practice and learn or give it up in a few months. Than you can save money and do research on a keyboard you really want to drop cash on because they are not cheap.

Reaction score
Casio CTK-5000 for under $200. Go to Casio's site and download the manual. You wouldn't believe all it can do and how good it sounds. Then check my other posts in the Casio section here about how to add another 503 new rhythms to it.

Ask a Question