Footswitch

Reaction score
I'm wondering of buying a Footswitch for my Korg Triton, but I just wonder how does it work?

I want a switch so that I can change sounds, steping from 1 to 2 to 3 and so on...I've have planed to make a "sound list" and then it would be great to have a switch to change sounds insteed of writting it on the keyboard =)

thanks

Reaction score
where can u find a footswitch like that???
i need sumthin like dat

Well my problem is that I'm not sure if they left yet for Triton as it starts to get "old" but you should find them in any music store

Reaction score
you have to set up your keyboard to change sounds when you depress the footswitch....the actual "command" comes from within the keyboard and the footswitch just executes the command

Reaction score
you have to set up your keyboard to change sounds when you depress the footswitch....the actual "command" comes from within the keyboard and the footswitch just executes the command

so you meen it's a "set up" somewere in the keyboard? =)

Reaction score
so you meen it's a "set up" somewere in the keyboard? =)

yes...the board has to know what sound you want to switch too...i think its a midi command, then when you hit the footswitch, it changes the sound to what you want....dont know much about the korg configuration but like you said it is prolly some kind of performance setup

Reaction score
yes...the board has to know what sound you want to switch too...i think its a midi command, then when you hit the footswitch, it changes the sound to what you want....dont know much about the korg configuration but like you said it is prolly some kind of performance setup

Okey well it's sounds likely thanks keyplayer =)

Reaction score
Yes, in my triton Le it is in "global" mode. Go to footswitch then select what you want it to do. You cant assign it to increase or decrease though, which pisses me off. All of the sounds have to be in the same bank in order. This is why I am buying a new workstation.

I believe almost any footswitch will work. I used a switch that was used to switch effects on a guitar amp. It worked fine.

Reaction score
Yes, in my triton Le it is in "global" mode. Go to footswitch then select what you want it to do. You cant assign it to increase or decrease though, which pisses me off. All of the sounds have to be in the same bank in order. This is why I am buying a new workstation.

I believe almost any footswitch will work. I used a switch that was used to switch effects on a guitar amp. It worked fine.

Hmm okey thanks for the tip but I can't find anything in "global" what I have in global are : BASIC master tune, key transpose, velocity curve????, after touch curve

then we have the EFFECT GLOBAL SW and AUTO ARPEGGIATOR, SYSTEM PREFERENCE and AUDIO INPUT

Reaction score
Hmmm. For mine its in global, then the "foot" tab on the bottom (F3), then "foot sw assign". What triton do you have though? I have an LE, and it might be different for the other tritons.

Reaction score
Hmmm. For mine its in global, then the "foot" tab on the bottom (F3), then "foot sw assign". What triton do you have though? I have an LE, and it might be different for the other tritons.

Yeah I guess so I've got the Triton classic (workstation/sampler)

Ask a Question