Garageband audio through keyboard speakers?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a complete beginner of the MIDI protocol and I have a question for you experienced users. My Korg D1 digital piano is directly connected to a pair of external monitors Yamaha HS5 via Line Out L/R cables. The piano is also connected to a Macbook with a MIDI-USB cable (ESI MidiMate eX), both MIDI-In and MIDI-Out are connected. The question is this: is it possible to configure the Mac in order to listen the Garageband audio output through the Yamaha monitors connected to the keyboard? Is there a way to have the keyboard, or its speakers, selectable as Audio MIDI Setup output? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Yes.

It is the best option given my knowledge of the D1 which I last played three years ago, it has no inbuilt amp or speakers and I very much doubt if it has any effective and easy adjustment available to any input signal.

Reaction score
if these are powered speakers , if you dont want to get a mixer . if the MAC has a place for headphones , depending on the input of the Speakers , you can take the headphones line out into the speakers .you would need a cable with one end 3.5 mm male then the other end a dual male of what ever the Yamaha speaker input is . now yamaha makes a small mixer , under $100 thats easy to use . multi inputs & outputs .

Reaction score
if these are powered speakers , if you dont want to get a mixer . if the MAC has a place for headphones , depending on the input of the Speakers , you can take the headphones line out into the speakers .you would need a cable with one end 3.5 mm male then the other end a dual male of what ever the Yamaha speaker input is . now yamaha makes a small mixer , under $100 thats easy to use . multi inputs & outputs .
According to what I've read, it would be worth trying to plug the headphone jack from the Mac into the phone jack input of your speakers. But why would you want to when, for instance, you can get a mixer on ebay from a reputable manufacturer for £30. Second hand, but no software needed so they basically last until they break.

Ask a Question