Good software Wah plugin for keys

Reaction score
I'm looking to tweak and upgrade my wah patches for synth leads and Rhodes, but I realized I don't have very many options. I have the Wahs that come with NI Guitar Rig, but they're more like Crybaby's and don't sound all that great on keys. I have a Korg Trinity wah plugin (the effects from KLC are basically the same as the Trinity) that actually sits very well with synth leads, though I'm not sure how great it would be for electric pianos. I'm up for experimenting. I'd love to try something that's modeled after a Morley or Vox, since those were iconic for 70s pianos. I could get a real one, but if I can get close with software, it would make my setup simpler, and that's everything to me.

Ideally, I'd love to find some kind of really tweak able modeling plugin that offers a lot of possibilities. Since keyboard sounds are so varied, the same wah that sounds great on one patch might sound like dirt on another. Anything out there?

Ask a Question