Greetings and a question

Reaction score
I have a regular jam session at my house every saturday. My wife plays keyboards, I play rhythm and lead guitar and we have a drummer. My wife has been playing with us for about a year and a half, she has Fatar 88 and we use Mainstage on a Mac laptop out to an MBOX-2. That is fed to a mixer and goes into a spare FIshman acoustic guitar amp.

I want to replace the Fishman with a real keyboard amp and a sub-woofer as many times she is holding down the bassline for songs that we do.

Budget is about $800 for both units. It needs to be loud enough to be heard with the drummer playing. I have looked at a Roland KC150 and a KRK 105 so I am interested in opinions on these two. Sound quality and ability to be loud enough with the live drum set. We do not gig so I do not need anything to fill a club or what have you.

Also, any suggestions on a sub-woofer to go with this would be great as well. I can up the budget for this if these amps would not be loud enough or just generally suck in that price range.

Thank you all most kindly for any advice you can offer!

Ask a Question