Hammond ex2000 reverb problem

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a hammond ex2000 organ which works perfectly.....other than its recently lost its reverb. I've tried doing a factory reset...but the reverb effect still isn't there. You move the slider of the potentiometer and nothing changes. Does anyone out there have any ideas please?.... or do I have to just accept reverb doesn't work anymore? Thanks

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a hammond ex2000 organ which works perfectly.....other than its recently lost its reverb. I've tried doing a factory reset...but the reverb effect still isn't there. You move the slider of the potentiometer and nothing changes. Does anyone out there have any ideas please?.... or do I have to just accept reverb doesn't work anymore? Thanks
Do you know if it has a reverb tank? The spring on the tank could have broken, which will cause the reverb not to work. Happened to my L100p, I was in the room when I heard the loud pop of the spring break. Never bothered to replace mine.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and thoughts but I think this might be a solid state reverb?? My older hammonds ( which I no longer have) had spring line reverbs. If you accidentally knocked the organ whilst playing you could hear it make echoey sounds through the speaker I don't have a habit of knocking my instruments...but this has never done that...which is why I assumed it might be solid state.

Reaction score
Sorry Dave, you were quite correct. I've now had the back off mine...and there is indeed a spring line. ( I'm getting on and must have confused it with the fact it has electronic Leslie...so assumed it was electronic reverb). I'll take it out later to inspect it. ( memory not so good either....but think I remember a twang noise from the room a while back..which I couldn't explain....so you may well be right!!). At moment ....busy physically cleaning internals at moment as loads of covwebs and dust. Also need to clean drawbars with contact cleaner. I haven't played it these last 2 years...but my 6 year old grandson wanted to play it ( he plays a keyboard at home)...and I want to encourage him. Maybe I'll lose some of my rustyness playing it again too.
Thanks again....and my apologies again for my lack of knowledge with the reverb!!

Reaction score
Well....I've had spring line out...all intact. Cleaned contacts and plugs.cleaned all reverb related connectors and plugs....Still no reverb. Guess it's gone forever!! Not worth getting an organ engineer to look at it as the complete working organs seem to sell on ebay for under £200. I'm happy as it can be played now... all be it without reverb and all drawbars functioning fully now after thorough clean.

Ask a Question