Having trouble with C# and G key (in all octaves)

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Yamaha e373. I just bought this keyboard few months ago. Sounds fine, until all of my C# and G keys were all having trouble. These keys lose its touch sensitivity and sometimes doesn't sound especially if you are pressing it multiple times. The problem is also ocassional. Sometimes its fine, other times it's not. I've already cleaned my keyboard, and still the problem persist. Does anyone knows what might cause this problem to occur? And how to solve it permanently?

Reaction score
When it's only specific notes but in all octaves, in my experience, you may be able to solve it by opening it up and reseating the multi-pin connector between the keybed and the electronics.

Reaction score
When it's only specific notes but in all octaves, in my experience, you may be able to solve it by opening it up and reseating the multi-pin connector between the keybed and the electronics.
Thank you for your suggestion. Maybe I will try to open it again. But do any thoughts on why this happens occasionally? I wonder what this problem might really cause.

Reaction score
But do any thoughts on why this happens occasionally?
You mean why it could be intermittent? If a connection is solid, it works; if something is completely disconnected, it doesn't work; if something is a little loose, it may work sometimes and not others, i.e. depending on movement, and whether a particular connection is being made at that particular instant.

Ask a Question