Hello From Arizona

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and looking forward to learning new and fun things with keyboards. I had my first keyboard when I was a freshman in high school in 1967. I purchase a Farfisa VIP 233 and Fender Contempo Organ to use in a band my buddy put together. I sold those in 1970 when I quit the group and graduated from high school. That year I got a job and began working for a living as a mechanic. Got married in 1972 had kids and music just fell by the wayside. Now that I'm retired I decided to get back into my first love and purchased a Korg pa600. I have been playing it for a few years now and love it, but I would like a little more, so I'm in the process of purchasing a new Korg Pa1000. I want to learn how to connect them using midi and figured this is the place to learn. Now the fun begins. :)

Reaction score
Welcome!

I saw one of those new Korg PA keyboards in the shop this week. I was actually snooping around for a Prologue but they haven't hit our fair city yet.

I'm not an arranger guy myself, but holy moly that thing looked impressive! Didn't bother playing it though, that was a rabbit hole I didn't have time to go down...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. There's a couple of other Korg arranger guys on the board whom I'm certain can help you out with any technical stuff.

Personally I'm always happy to see another geezer who's taking up keyboards later in life.

Face it, we all wanna be rock stars when we're kids but none of us can afford the gear til we've hit our golden years :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

You will see from my signature that I have the 1000’s little brother the 700. Very similar keyboards except the 1000 has more sounds, styles and a more powerful onboard amp.

If you head over to the Korg forum in the PA1000/700 sub section you will see posts of folks who are using styles and sounds from the PA4X in their 700s and 1000s. So you may want to reconsider getting the 1000 after reading up on the posts.

A friend on mine has the 600 which is nowhere near as good as the 700 that I have.

Certainly if I do not have a style I want I can find a suitable MIDI online and import it into the 700 where it is converted into a style, on the Korg support site there are some 30 downloadable Style packs available foc.

Reaction score
Welcome!

I saw one of those new Korg PA keyboards in the shop this week. I was actually snooping around for a Prologue but they haven't hit our fair city yet.

I'm not an arranger guy myself, but holy moly that thing looked impressive! Didn't bother playing it though, that was a rabbit hole I didn't have time to go down...

I went to a dealer in Phoenix to try out the Yamaha Genos, Korg PA4X and the Korg PA1000. The Genos was nice and the PA4X was awesome, but I truly fell in love with the PA1000, that unit will take care of my needs for a few years. Then I'll look for something more powerful to play with. My ultimate keyboard right now would be a Kronos, but I have some work todo before I get to that level.

Reaction score
Welcome.

You will see from my signature that I have the 1000’s little brother the 700. Very similar keyboards except the 1000 has more sounds, styles and a more powerful onboard amp.

If you head over to the Korg forum in the PA1000/700 sub section you will see posts of folks who are using styles and sounds from the PA4X in their 700s and 1000s. So you may want to reconsider getting the 1000 after reading up on the posts.

A friend on mine has the 600 which is nowhere near as good as the 700 that I have.

Certainly if I do not have a style I want I can find a suitable MIDI online and import it into the 700 where it is converted into a style, on the Korg support site there are some 30 downloadable Style packs available foc.

The 600 was a good starter for me, didn't want to get over my head and then end up frustrated. I did test the PA4X and really liked it, but the PA1000 really filled the bill for me right now. When I get bored with it, I'll get something a little more powerful. There are so many toys out there and so little time.

Ask a Question