Hello, new from CA

Reaction score
Hello KB forum,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as new to forum. I grew up sort of self-taught in rock bands in HS starting '68 in Buffalo then motorcycled to CA in 1976. Sold my Fender Contempo and amp due to trip and did not play for decade or so other than rare livingroom blues on my wife's acoustic piano or piano in back of a bar; until heard Johnny Johnson on Hail Rock and roll and got inspired.. Juggling family and civil engineering career got back into jamming and playing occasional rock gigs as time permitted over the years. Now mostly retired have more time to get into it.

In 1990s did have Hammond Theatre organ and evolved from cheap gear up a bit over years starting around 2000 -- Casio, SP-88, Roland XP-30 (w/sounds 60s and 70s card) to PC361. Playing in cover band now but much of passion is B-3 jazz and want to get into home computer recording. On board sound of SP-88 died at gig five or so years ago and so now midi into PC361 and looking for something for backup since PC361 flickered once at gig and does not always "load" at the same speed.

I just posted a real basic question about Yamaha MX61 as I am considering that one as good bang for buck backup/addtional board for my needs.

Cheers!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi there Mark.
Nice little intro; background story. Glad you made it here at the forums. There are many of us retired or in my case self employed semi retired.
You will fit in here quite nicely I am sure.
I see your yamaha question too . . Hope you get a positive outcome.
Welcome to the forums.

Cheers
Gotta love music -ray

Ask a Question