Help with Roland foot switch for Korg Kronos

Reaction score
I have a Roland DP-10 damper pedal for my Korg Kronos, but I wanted to use it as a foot switch. When I inserted it into the jack for foot switches, it stays sustained without pressing the pedal, however it did work in switching programs when I assigned it to do that. It stays sustained through switching programs, and furthermore, the highlighted program on the program list doesn’t change even when the sound does. I don’t think it’s a polarity issue, because I tried with both polarities, to no avail. Any help on how to get this working (if it can even be used as a foot switch)? Sorry if this is a basic issue, I’m not the most well-versed with digital keyboards.

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the Kronos.
But I think I found the problem.
I looked up the Roland DP-10 on google.
And found something out, it's with a stereo Jackplug correct?
If you can try a damper with a mono jackplug it mayby solves your issue if the polarity is ok.
But that couldn't be the problem because it's just a pulse switch

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the Kronos.
But I think I found the problem.
I looked up the Roland DP-10 on google.
And found something out, it's with a stereo Jackplug correct?
If you can try a damper with a mono jackplug it mayby solves your issue if the polarity is ok.
But that couldn't be the problem because it's just a pulse switch
It was mono. And I came home to find out it was working fine. Seems awfully strange as I tried restarting it before I posted my question, but I guess it needed yet another restart. Thanks for the help, though.

Ask a Question