Hi Everyone

Reaction score
A weird musical background in some ways
I was an Organ Demonstrator in another life years ago and used to appear in Exhibitions and all sorts.
Never a good sight reader more a give me a bunch of chords and I will make something of them.
I sort of gave it all up following the collapse of a music business and for many years did not play at all.
I got myself a PSR540 and tinkered a little and My wife bought me an old Tyros 1 to replace the PSR540 and it has rekindled something again. Nowadays I have to rely on dots more ( When I Can See Em ) as the old memory is not wot it used to be. I did some recordings mainly 50's 60's and 70's and stuck them on my family website and put a few items on YouTube and that is about as far as I have got to this point.
Anyhow good to make contact.
Barry.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Barry. The Tyros is a nice arranger keyboard, so your wife did good for you.Enjoy it and post some of your music, or a link to your youtube channel. Don

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Barry. The Tyros is a nice arranger keyboard, so your wife did good for you.Enjoy it and post some of your music, or a link to your youtube channel. Don
Hi Don
Many thanks for the welcome. Lets hope I can contribute something. Maybe how to get recordings done at home on the cheap with Ubuntu or something.
Great to be in touch with someone from Australia as well. I am currently living in South Wales.
Here is a link for youTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Fogpak?feature=mhee
Anyhow many thanks again Don

Reaction score
Hi Barry. I am interested in your music business. What work did you do?
Hi there YeahDoIt
The business was primarily selling and promoting Organs and Keyboards. Prior to that I ran a general Musical Instrument Store. I was involved in a few bits and pieces on the playing side as well i.e. unpaid studio band where my friend wrote songs and we recorded them, two top 10 hits came out of it but not in the UK, released the first computer connected keyboard into the UK (Commodore 64) with Rick Wakeman. etc. I finally gave it up and became a computer programmer.
Many thanks for your interest.
Barry

Ask a Question