how many years did you lean the 12 scales

Reaction score
OK,
A natural minor scale (Aeolian mode)
A B C D E F G A
w h w w w h w

w= Whole step
h=Half step

I think you misplaced the last half step there, shouldn't it be whwwhww? Last time I checked, there was a whole step between F and G, but not between E and F...

Just a little correction ;)

Reaction score
I think you misplaced the last half step there, shouldn't it be whwwhww? Last time I checked, there was a whole step between F and G, but not between E and F...

Just a little correction ;)

:eek:Oh, man. I'm so sorry.
Well it happends to anyone.

A natural minor scale (Aeolian mode)
A B C D E F G A
w h w w h w w

:D

Reaction score
I suppose I was lucky that my parents 'encouraged'..force..me to learn piano when I was 5. I took private lessons and was familiar with the 12 major scales by the time I was 8 or 9 I think. The Minor scales (harmonic, melodic, and natural) took a little longer to get down if I remember correctly.

Ultimately it just took a lot of frustrating dedication to getting the scales and muscle memory down, but it's absolutely worth it.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I don't have much experience, although I learned many chords when I was in high school. So I'm still just a chord player
Confirm for me that soloing is all about scales, so do I need to spend my practice time learning scales?
I have s new Roland FA-08 and I'm eager to improve.
Thanks!
Randy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I don't have much experience, although I learned many chords when I was in high school. So I'm still just a chord player
Confirm for me that soloing is all about scales, so do I need to spend my practice time learning scales?
I have s new Roland FA-08 and I'm eager to improve.
Thanks!
Randy

Scales are good for improving dexterity and familiarising yourself with different keys, and they are also good for warming up your fingers. That being said, they shouldn't be all you do or else you'd get very bored!

Ask a Question