How to play Tobuscus's dramatic song on a 61 key piano?

Reaction score
i have the sheet music and i have mastered the technique in 30 minutes but as for left hand it goes too far down. I only have a 61 key keyboard and i cannot go as far as the song goes. I am using BluePi1313's sheet music from youtube at the moment.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Does your keyboard allow splits? You might be able to assign the bottom two octaves to a bass sound.

Reaction score
Does your keyboard allow splits? You might be able to assign the bottom two octaves to a bass sound.

i don't think so. I have a Yamaha psr 170. Would it be possible to move the middle c octave higher as well because the song needs i think 3 octaves below middle c octave

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Page 25 of the manual mentions a few split voices and page 27 allows you to transpose by up to one octave.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Documents/KeyboardsDMI/PSR172e.pdf

Voices 123 and 125 are Bass/Piano Splits so maybe they'll work for you.

Otherwise it's a pretty primitive keyboard lacking the split and transpose options of more expensive boards so I think you're SOL.

Sorry, :(

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't be more help. One other thing you might want to try is transposing the sheet to fit the keyboard. It might work.

Reaction score
what i am going to do is record the right hand normally (in middle c octave)
then i will record left hand (the one that needs more octaves to the left) on a middle and either try messing about with voices or just increase bass of it with software. I am going to try using voices first though.

Ask a Question