I want to use 4 variations in the Style

ESV

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having Yamaha PSR I455. It supports only two variations (A and B). Is there any external device that I can connect to I455 to support 4 variations?

Thanks,
Ezra

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You might be able to connect an iPad or other tablet to the keyboard and use some sort of app that can play back style files, but I have no experience with that.

The best option-- without resorting to some sort of external device and software-- would be to use one of the free style utilities (such as the ones from Jorgen Sorenson at http://www.jososoft.dk) to take a 4-variation style file and split it up into two separate 2-variation style files. Then you could load both styles into the keyboard and set up two registrations so you can switch back and forth between them while playing.

ESV

Reaction score
You might be able to connect an iPad or other tablet to the keyboard and use some sort of app that can play back style files, but I have no experience with that.

The best option-- without resorting to some sort of external device and software-- would be to use one of the free style utilities (such as the ones from Jorgen Sorenson at http://www.jososoft.dk) to take a 4-variation style file and split it up into two separate 2-variation style files. Then you could load both styles into the keyboard and set up two registrations so you can switch back and forth between them while playing.
Thank you very much!!

If I switch the style using registrations, will it be in same tempo and chord?

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The tempo is one of the settings that gets saved in a registration, so if you want to switch between two styles using registrations and keep the same tempo, just make sure to save the registrations with the same tempo.

However, if you create two separate 2-variation style files from the same 4-variation style file, both of the new style files should have the same tempo saved internally-- so if you pick one of the new style files and save a registration with it, the tempo in that registration should default to the style's internal tempo, and the only reason you'd need to be careful to deliberately set the tempo before saving the registration would be if you want to use a different tempo than the style's default tempo.

As for the chord, when you switch the style, or switch to a different variation within the same style, it should maintain the current chord.

Getting back to the registrations, did you know that you can select which variation-- A or B-- will be selected when you recall a registration? Just pick the style you want to use, make sure the tempo is set to the value you want to use, and use the style MAIN/AUTO FILL button to pick the variation you want, A or B. Then save the settings to a registration, and whenever you recall that registration it will automatically use the variation you selected.

Ask a Question