Important question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok, fair question.
I was searching for keyboard forums on Google a the link I clicked on brought me to this post. I was so shocked to see such seemingly unnecessary hostility to someone's question that I felt compelled to comment.
Taking on board your views about re-igniting a fire, can I ask why you didn't simply let this go and sink back down the listings, rather than doing exactly what you've criticised me for and perpetuating and old debate?

What a difference a language makes.

I took the Op’s question as looking for examples of where they could source their required material.

Another’s response seems to have read into the question that the Op was seeking Pirated material hence the response to a very emotive subject within the forum

Whe have had many instances of newbies seeking sources of pirated material and rightly they are given a very short and blunt response.

What we do not want on the forum is antagonistic posts and especially those that take a direct attack on an individual member.

Reaction score
Of course I'm not trying to find "free lunch", I just asked. Don't be so rude :cool:
I too am appalled with the reply you received. This person is a bully and used to throwing his weight about. He should be removed from access to this site , whether or not this is an old matter. Any newcomer like me will be deterred from asking for help if this is how you manage your site.

Reaction score
What a difference a language makes.

I took the Op’s question as looking for examples of where they could source their required material.

Another’s response seems to have read into the question that the Op was seeking Pirated material hence the response to a very emotive subject within the forum

Whe have had many instances of newbies seeking sources of pirated material and rightly they are given a very short and blunt response.

What we do not want on the forum is antagonistic posts and especially those that take a direct attack on an individual member.
I have just read your comments above which show acknowledgement of your colleagues bullying and rudeness. I therefore ask that you remove me from your site. I have no desire to be part of an organisation with such arrogant views. I will seek my help from elsewhere.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Since I posted the original comment that blew up I feel I should weigh in here.

Quite often people will sign in for the first time and post a question which could easily be answered by a five second google search.

Also, with alarming frequency some people will solicit copyrighted pirate materials as well.

I find it somewhat amusing that you are so unforgiving that you immediately demand my removal from the forum over a single incident.

I take it that your life is so absolutely perfect that you've never had a bad day or uttered a harmful word in anger since the day you were born???

You might be a subscriber to cancel culture but those of us who are old enough not to take offense at every bygone incident take life's ups and downs with a grain of salt.

Perhaps if you contributed something worthwhile to the forum instead of a knee jerk criticism, we would take your advice at face value, but all I see at the moment is someone who enjoys trolling a thread to see what stirs up.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, I've posted over 11,000 messages on these forums over the past decade.

Can YOU defend every single word you've ever posted online?

Reaction score
Since I posted the original comment that blew up I feel I should weigh in here.

Quite often people will sign in for the first time and post a question which could easily be answered by a five second google search.

Also, with alarming frequency some people will solicit copyrighted pirate materials as well.

I find it somewhat amusing that you are so unforgiving that you immediately demand my removal from the forum over a single incident.

I take it that your life is so absolutely perfect that you've never had a bad day or uttered a harmful word in anger since the day you were born???

You might be a subscriber to cancel culture but those of us who are old enough not to take offense at every bygone incident take life's ups and downs with a grain of salt.

Perhaps if you contributed something worthwhile to the forum instead of a knee jerk criticism, we would take your advice at face value, but all I see at the moment is someone who enjoys trolling a thread to see what stirs up.

Gary ;)
Thank you for your reply which simply reiterates to me that you are rude, a bully and a control freak. I have no desire to be part of anything which you are involved in. It is also very sad to identify that your behaviour is allowed to deturr others , including my self, from wanting to use this site.

Reaction score
Ok, fair question.
I was searching for keyboard forums on Google a the link I clicked on brought me to this post. I was so shocked to see such seemingly unnecessary hostility to someone's question that I felt compelled to comment.
Taking on board your views about re-igniting a fire, can I ask why you didn't simply let this go and sink back down the listings, rather than doing exactly what you've criticised me for and perpetuating and old debate?
Sure.

Firstly - didn’t perpetuate a debate as I didn’t offer a position either way on the subject matter in response to your post.

Secondly - I posted a very short time after you did so my response didn’t exactly “boost” the post.

Thirdly - My belief is that the culture of this forum is what we make it. It’s for all of us to contribute to - new posters and veteran posters alike. I didn’t think your approach was in line with where the values of this group currently sit - and explained why. I accept that you may disagree with my view however I stand by it.

If you arrived here to enjoy a meaningful and sometimes robust discourse - welcome and have at it. Your entry was (IMO) clumsy and tactless but none of us are perfect, if your motives are pure this will shine through over time.

If you just wanted to poke the fire with a stick - that’s disappointing for us and I can promise you you’ll find the result ultimately unsatisfying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want a souless Forum with no banter and no interaction and most of the time not even a Thankyou then there are plenty of forums where you will find this.

Perhaps it is time to draw a line under this thread and move on.

Reaction score
If you want a souless Forum with no banter and no interaction and most of the time not even a Thankyou then there are plenty of forums where you will find this.

Perhaps it is time to draw a line under this thread and move on.
At least 1 of every 10 threads that I post to we never hear from the OP again. Let's use this thread as an example, OP posted in August, never heard from them since. Is this the no interaction that you are talking about?

One of the things I can't stand (sorry, here's my rant...) are people who throw the bullying word around like some grammar school kid. How old are we? It's not even verbal abuse, it's a comment that someone wrote who I've actually never met before in person. It's bad enough that you can't say what you want, because that offends someone; you now can't type what you want. Soon you won't even be able to think what you want. And by the way, currently it's ok to think it, you just can't speak or type it. WTF? <<--- How was that?

P.S. NOW you can draw the line under this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question