Importing styles . . E463

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have a friend with a e463.

Together he and I have been sharing our limited skills in playing our keyboards. We also teach each other bad habits haha!! We meet each week on thursdays and jam some what. lol.

He asked m how to import styles into his keyboard.
To my surprise, I noticed he does not have a USB port.
In my case (psr s 650) I have styles loaded in a USB stick.

How does the e463 import styles?

Ray

Reaction score
Ray
Are you sure you have the right model number?

The 463 is supposed to have a USB To Device socket.

I believe it is more problematic with the 3xx series.

Yamaha do have software and I am pretty sure that Michael has commented before

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The PSR-E463 should have two USB ports-- a "TO HOST" port for connecting to a computer, and a "TO DEVICE" port for plugging in a USB flaah drive. They should be side by side on the back of the keyboard.

The PSR-E363, on the other hand, has a "TO HOST" port but not a "TO DEVICE" port.

Does he have a 463 or a 363? The 463 has a Pitch Bend wheel, two Live Control knobs, and a sound-sampling feature. The 363 doesn't have those things.

In any case, you can use the "TO HOST" port to connect to either a Windows computer or iOS device, then use the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader program (on a Windows computer) or Yamaha MusicSoft Manager (on an iOS device) to transfer style files into the keyboard's internal memory.

And, of course, if it is indeed a 463 and has a "TO DEVICE" port, you can load style files from a USB flash drive.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
In any case, you can use the "TO HOST" port to connect to either a Windows computer or iOS device, then use the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader program (on a Windows computer) or Yamaha MusicSoft Manager (on an iOS device) to transfer style files into the keyboard's internal memory.
Hi Michael,
I advised my friend (Mark) of what you suggested . . above.
He replied as follows . .

I had tried the Musicsoft download option previously but couldn't get it to work. I've since learnt that there are different format style files and my keyboard only takes SSF1 format.
I'd be interested to know if you can export a style from your keyboard to a memory stick.
Regards
Mark

So, my next question, What is SSFI format?
and
Would it be possible to export some of my PSR S650 styles to a USB stick for Mark to load up to his PC. Then to send to his PSR E363?

Cheers
Ray

Reaction score
Even a Korgie like me can answer this one.

Jorgen Sorensen’s Jososoft website has an SFF2 to SFF1 convertor

As for your wish to export your Styles, in theory yes. You should find the the manual details of how to export a Style.

I do not know the format offhand of the Style files on your S650 but the Sorensen convertor should convert your Style files to the other format if required.

There may be an issue with the instrument sounds associated with the Style, I would assume that the Musicsoft software should be able to edit the file.

BTW
SFF = Style File Format

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Even a Korgie like me can answer this one.

When I read your reply, at first I thought you meant this...

Cutest-Corgi-Mixes.jpg

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have never used joso soft.
I shall explore it.

Many thanks indeed Col for your concise and practical reply.
I am mostly computer illiterate but you make it sound simple.

Cheers
Ray

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
There is no "freeze" option as on PSR-S models, but you can save a registration with the style-related settings disabled. To do this, set up the voices, effects, and voice-related settings the way you want them, but then press SONG before you save the settings to a registration. When you recall the registration, it will load the voice and effects settings from the registration but the current style and style settings will not be affected.

Ask a Question