Yamaha MODX: importing samples/instruments

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently had the opportunity to play a Yamaha MODX6 and I was very impressed of the sounds and the build quility. I liked the semi-weighted keybed also, very pleasalbe to play.
My question is: is the MODX6 capable of doing something like this, not from a recorded voice sample, but from a short clip I have on my DAW, download from a sound library or from a song/demo?

Layering is a great tool for creating new sounds, but I'd like to add custom sounds to the MODX also.

Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently had the opportunity to play a Yamaha MODX6 and I was very impressed of the sounds and the build quility. I liked the semi-weighted keybed also, very pleasalbe to play.
My question is: is the MODX6 capable of doing something like this, not from a recorded voice sample, but from a short clip I have on my DAW, download from a sound library or from a song/demo?

Layering is a great tool for creating new sounds, but I'd like to add custom sounds to the MODX also.

Thanks a lot!
Yes it will do that. I have a MODX7 and have sampled and downloaded numerous samples.

Reaction score
Yes it will do that. I have a MODX7 and have sampled and downloaded numerous samples.
Hello - and thank you. I am able to get the sample in to a part, but what I really want is to run it as a loop in the background, just like what a rhythm pattern does. So kind of like a backing beats pattern. How do I do that? Any help is hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question