Juno-D System Update version 1.03 disaster

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Roland Juno-D Limited Edition synthesizer

As well, I recently did a clean install of my computer to optimize it for music production

at the time i attempted to update all of my program drivers

in my infinite wisdom (not) i downloaded and installed "Juno-D System Update version 1.03" believing it to be a "system update"

well, it overwrote the 66 patches (midi sequences) the Limited Edition is famous for (and they really are great!)

I am absolutely sick over this

I have attempted to contact Roland about this, but I'm not too hopeful about a response as I'm not the original registered owner.

Is it possible that one of the forum members has incountered this same problem and could advise me how to remedy it?

Or maybe another Limited Edition owner could supply me with the 66 patches I lost?

I understand now that there is a method to back up all your patches, but it just didn't occur to me that a system update would be destructive as well being that they were pre-set were safe.

Any and all assistance or constructive advice in remedying this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this matter and any and all time and effort you offer me in the same

Reaction score
Why not register your gear with roland ??
Did you call roland ??
These 2 factors i always do if i come across a problem which i have not as yet !!

Reaction score
problem resolved last week

i did register the product

i did contact support by phone

by friday Roland posted the updates on their site

downloaded, installed and worked just fine!

thanks for your interest!

Ask a Question