Roland juno-d system update 1.04 trouble! Synth doesnt work after that!

Reaction score
Hello! I have downloaded from your site firmware for Roland Juno D 1.04 version, after its installation synthesizer longer included.
Lights up blank yellow screen.
I'm trying to repeat the procedure firmware. But nothing comes out.
Lights: "Select Menu: 1: MIDI 2: SUM."
I continue to shake the button 1 piano - Waiting. And all. then nothing happens.
Neither button does not work. Data from the MIDI sequencer UPD SMF not enter the synthesizer. And he no longer works. And nothing can be done in order that would restore the previous settings and works.
Please send a step by step, which will clearly states how to fix this problem. And that the markups below happened to my synthesizer, after flashing.
i have this roland at first time, and never had that problems! system updade kill my roland, i need help!

Reaction score
I want to repeat! that the inclusion of synth, illuminates only a blank yellow screen, and buttons doesnt work
There is only a reaction when you hold the buttons "Key Mode" and "Env" during startup (follow the instructions to the firmware)

Reaction score
i have updated my system yet, and my synth does not work after that. I press the power button- the screen is empty- nothing symbols, only yellow light. And i cant to reset the synth. repeat: I have updated midi files to my Roland Juno D, than i have power off- than i press 'power on'- synth does not work, and any button has no reaction. only - "select menu"

Reaction score
After system update i power off- power on the synth, but the screen was empty- only yellow light. Thats why i cant to reset the system. Then i Power On the JUNO-D while holding KEY MODE and ENV- The screen displaying "Select Menu: 1:MIDI 2:SUM." Then i Press 1 Piano The screen will display "Waiting." Then i press 2: SUM- The screen displayed 'INT 160B (160B 160 B) EXT B74D (A843) A7F6'

eri

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having the same problem. Tried to update to 1.5, following the instructions stated on the update, however, when i restarted my keyboard, nothing works , and the screen is empty with the orange color.
If you guys know a solution please help me out..
Thanks

Reaction score
Eri -

I went to Rolands website and tried to determine if the update is a CMOS ROM flash, or an OS update. It says OS update.

There's no going back from a bad CMOS flash - well not for the home user, it would have to be repaired at an authorized service center.

However, you can recover from a failed OS update

Open it up, very carefully pop out the onboard battery and let it sit for at least 20 minutes. Put the battery back in, close it back up and give it a try.

Voila! Your Roland is now reverted back the way it was when it originally left the factory.

Sometimes the battery is soldered onto the board. Hopefully yours isn't. Let me know if that ends up being a stumbling block.

- Jim

eri

Reaction score
Hi Jim,
Thanks for your help. I did open the back of the juno D. I looked carefully at the board where the adaptor is attached but i do not see any battery. Also looked at the bigger board beside it but nothing that catches my eye. I dont know how the battery looks , but i was looking for the same as the watches have (flat) .
So let me know if you know where particularly i should look for the battery .
Thanks
E

Reaction score
I don't know where the battery is on the Juno-D, but it has to have one. Yes, it should be a flat battery like what's in a watch.

Here are a couple photos of the battery in older Juno keyboards. One is the kind that snaps into a battery holder, the other shows what a soldered on one looks like.

Hope that helps - Jim

Attachments

• juno106.jpg
    juno106.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 3,023
  • junobatside.jpg
    junobatside.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,167

eri

Reaction score
Hello,
I did open it again and almost took it all apart, but no luck in locating the battery. I dont believe there is one in this version Juno D limited Editon...
Thanks anyhow...

Reaction score
I have the same problem as the topicstarter,
After updating my juno-d (which i now regret) nothing appears on the screen anymore.
The update failed. I searched for a battery inside the juno but found nothing.

Is there a way to restore my juno-d to factory settings or should i throw it away?:confused:

Joep

Reaction score
I solved the problem,
I encountered problems with a laptop running windows 7 64bit. Tried the update procedure on a 32bit machine and now my juno-d is making music again!

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

DONT OPEN THE UNIT PLEASE!!! :mad:

I had the same error 3 times !!! I decided to change the cable for a shorter cable. Error appeared one more time. I did it again. and IT WORKS!!! :D

:)

(please use the SMFPLAYER for the data transmission)

;)

Reaction score
Hey Ricardo (or anyone) I have just done the same thing. Update failed on packet 1. Now the Juno will power up but only to a blank screen. Powering up with system held down does nothing. Powering with Key mode and Env pushed does nothing. Always blank. Cannot get a midi file into it. Surely there must be a button combo reset?

Reaction score
Hola amigos soy cubano y tengo mi Juno d de la misma manera, mi pantalla esta solo amarilla y no responde! Please que puedo hacer para arreglarlo. No tengo como comprar uno nuevo en Cuba no ganamos mucho dinero ni tenemos stores. Please any boby help me?

Ask a Question