Juno DI vs C 190

Reaction score
I was wondering if the pipe organ on the DI is as good as the one on the Roland C 190 ? Hector Olivera * does a great demo of the C 190 on you tube (i don't know how to cut and paste off of my favorites list) :(

* Hector is on a C 200 but it is the same thing in a wooden case

Reaction score
I think you mean this here:

I think it is not possible to compare a Roland Juni DI with a Roland C 200.

First the DI has only 61 keys, C200 has 76.

Then the typical church organ voices like principal, bourdon, mixtur, gamba etc. you will not find in the Juno DI. Okey you can try to tweak these sounds, but I think for this you must have a great knowledge.
Then there is another point:
Temperaments: Werckmeister, Kirnberger, Vallotti, Meantone

If you prefer to play classical spiritual music then you should buy a Roland C200.

Reaction score
Thank You Goldi . Maybe i can find a used one (c 190 or c200) since neither are made anymore. They sure sound beautiful and the pipe organ is my main reason of owning one. :)

Yes that is the video i tried to post a link to. Thank You again !

Reaction score
I think the C200 is still current. It's certainly still being advertised by online retailers here in the UK.
The Nord C2 also emulates a baroque pipe organ - a little more expensive, but you get two manuals, and a great Hammond B3 thrown in!

Reaction score
I think the C200 is still current. It's certainly still being advertised by online retailers here in the UK.
The Nord C2 also emulates a baroque pipe organ - a little more expensive, but you get two manuals, and a great Hammond B3 thrown in!

Yes, I found a site here and the C 200 is $2,300.00 with free shipping. I am 60 and on a simple income.Hopefully they will still be around by the end of next year. I will get the juno DI and learn on it and hopefully when i have enough saved i can get the C 200.Playing a pipe organ is on my "Bucket List" The C 200 makes this a reality :)

Ask a Question