Juno DS 88 Leslie effect

Reaction score
When I purchased my DS 88 I assumed that it would have all of the basic effects that all other workstations in that price range would have. Now that I need it, I can't find the Leslie or Rotary Speaker effect for any of the organ sounds and no mention of it's existence in the owner's manual. Is there a way I can access it? Or does it really not exist?

Reaction score
When I purchased my DS 88 I assumed that it would have all of the basic effects that all other workstations in that price range would have. Now that I need it, I can't find the Leslie or Rotary Speaker effect for any of the organ sounds and no mention of it's existence in the owner's manual. Is there a way I can access it? Or does it really not exist?
Watch this video from beginning to end. he shows you how to change speeds....

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I've seen this...not what I was looking for. But the good news is I did actually figure it out by myself with absolutely no help from the useless owners manual. You have to hit menu and then select edit effects then change one of the effect to either rotary or vk rotary and set the initial speed setting to slow then exit. This must be repeated on each organ patch that you want to use. All of this should have been done in the factory because nobody plays any of the really great Hammond patches without a Leslie. Very disappointed in Roland. No one but an actual gigging keyboard player should be designing these things!

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
There are actually quite a few organ patches which include the Leslie effect with the joystick. One bump to speed up, bump it again to slow down. However, without trying them, there's no way to know.

But thanks for the explanation, that helps me quite a bit for when I want to vary the rate with a knob. Yeah, the engineers that wrote the manual could have at least talked to a musician along the way somewhere.

Ask a Question