Juno DS "Let's Go" - The Cars Sync Lead Sound?

Reaction score
Hey Forum Friends! I'm new here. Hello!

I just purchased a Juno DS 61 to use in a Cars Tribute Band. I'm a little new to programming synthesis.

I'm trying to duplicate the Prophet 5 Sync Lead in Let's Go - by the Cars. I'm starting with the patch Sy S08: P5 Sync Lead.

It's pretty darn close but i want it to say more of an "OWWW!" Then an "Ohhh!"

What do i need to do to that sound to get it to be more of an "Owww!" sound? Thanks for your help!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
What recipes did you come up with? Ive got the same Juno DS and i’m trying to figure three or for Cars songs out.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hey Highgroove - So unfortunately I couldn't get it exactly on the DS. The closest I got was using the P5 Sync Lead sound and tweaking the Cutoff and Resonance. But I couldn't get the sound to round out the way it does on the record. I find the DS to be not as robust as other Roland keyboards.

I'm also using the FA-07. I tried on that too but still couldn't get it where I wanted. I looked into emulator software like the ones from Arturia. They have things like a Prophet 5 or Jupiter 8 emulator software among others. What I ended up doing is downloading a plug-in for Logic X called Retro Synth. I was able to start with their P5 Sync sound and actually shape it exactly like the record. I imported that sound into Mainstage which I am now incorporating into my live rig.

That's the way I had to do it. But you can get a decent sound with the DS. Depending on your uses. what other Cars songs are you trying to get sounds for?

Ask a Question