Juno DS - saving effects in patch mode to work in performance

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm editing effects in patch mode, but when I go to create a performance and select the patch, the effects are no longer there.
I did read on this forum that there's a way to make these settings save by default so they will work in performance mode, but I am struggling to do it.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or what I'm on about? I'm new to this!

Thanks heaps.

Reaction score
There are several ways to create a perf. I've found that if I START a perf with a certain patch, it will bring in the effects from that patch. Try this:
- Pull up the patch that you want to supply the default effects. Make sure it's saved if you tweaked it.
- Push the Layer button (or is it called Dual? The one next to Split. Split might work too.)
- The Juno takes that patch and makes it the first sound in a new perf, and I've seen it bring the effects with it.
- Then bring in other sounds to the perf.

Good luck!

Reaction score
There are several ways to create a perf. I've found that if I START a perf with a certain patch, it will bring in the effects from that patch. Try this:
- Pull up the patch that you want to supply the default effects. Make sure it's saved if you tweaked it.
- Push the Layer button (or is it called Dual? The one next to Split. Split might work too.)
- The Juno takes that patch and makes it the first sound in a new perf, and I've seen it bring the effects with it.
- Then bring in other sounds to the perf.

Good luck!
Thanks so much for the reply!
I have sort of managed to get to this point now and have worked around my issue. It hasn't fully answered my initial question but I feel I understand a little more of what is going on (never been so familiar with a manual, haha). Really appreciate your help and message!! :)

Reaction score
Sure thing. I'd had my Juno for 2 years before I figured out this little detail just recently!!! :D I had created several dual patch perfs, but I just took the first one and kept modifying it rather than creating new ones like I said above. So the perf effects were from the first time I created it, make sense? That became and issue when I brought in the PercOrganJU patch, and the Rotary effect didn't work when I flipped the joystick like it did in patch mode. That was the main reason I chose that patch, so it just would not do! When I recently created a perf the way I described above, starting with that organ patch, the rotary worked perfectly in the perf. Plus, in the process I've learned to add that Rotary VK effect in manually if I want to.

Reaction score
This does make sense, thanks. I've had mine about a year and have been using it to record but I'm starting to delve in to the live capabilities and remembering why I bought the Juno in the first place. It does so much! Your info is really helpful, thank you.

Reaction score
Gearhead i have had my Roland Juno Stage for yeeeeeears and never could figure out why it sometimes saved the fx in performance and other times not!! sooo frustrating!! by accident usually got there but never knew =till reading this forum today!= just what the fix was!!! You are a Genius!! thank youuuuu!👍 i'm sure i speak for many folks!!

Reaction score
I’m sure you’re aware, but your are limited on the number of FX you can run in a performance. You can manage both patch and performance effects from the performance menu.

Also remember that if you edit a patch, it will most likely copy that patch and save it as a user patch. It’s quite easy to forget and use the original patch in your performance that doesn’t have your changes.

Not sure if this made any sense or was any use, sorry if not.

Ask a Question