Juno DS-88 Rhythm Pattern First Loop Record option disappears

Reaction score
I just got a Juno DS-88 for Christmas, and I got it mainly because of the sequencer. It seems awesome, but I keep losing the option to change the time signature as well as the Rhythm Pattern First Loop Record option, and I'm not sure what I'm doing that causes this. If I attempt to re-record the initial drum track using one of the built-in rhythm patterns, the option is dulled out and set to NO. The manual says that it can only be activated on an empty track, but even if I SHIFT+ERASE a track, the option still doesn't come back, and even tracks that I haven't touched at all since starting the sequencer can no longer use the feature.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing to cause this and/or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own a DS-88 but I personally never use the sequencer.

There are a couple of people here on the forum who do use the sequencer and they should be able to help you out in a few days whenever they get around to scanning the boards.

In the meantime you might get a quicker answer over at the Rolandclan forums.

Meanwhile wishing you happy holidays and please do post your solution here if and when you find one.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Here's a video demonstration of how the pattern sequencer works. The drums aren't the first thing he puts down, but he gets there. I assume you could do nothing but drums, and let them continue to play while you play (but don't record) piano. The video doesn't get into the details, but you might get the gist of how to approach it.

Reaction score
I just got a Juno DS-88 for Christmas, and I got it mainly because of the sequencer. It seems awesome, but I keep losing the option to change the time signature as well as the Rhythm Pattern First Loop Record option, and I'm not sure what I'm doing that causes this. If I attempt to re-record the initial drum track using one of the built-in rhythm patterns, the option is dulled out and set to NO. The manual says that it can only be activated on an empty track, but even if I SHIFT+ERASE a track, the option still doesn't come back, and even tracks that I haven't touched at all since starting the sequencer can no longer use the feature.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing to cause this and/or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
I am having the same issue. Were you every able to figure this out? Roland support has not been able to help thus far.

Ask a Question